Dr. Vanessa Moss: STEMquiz profile


Dr Vanessa Moss, also, a radio dish!
Meet Dr. Vanessa Moss, She will be one of the contestants at STEMquiz on June 21, Wayward breweries, 6:30-8pm.

I am an an astronomer based at the University of Sydney, working as part of the ARC Centre of Excellence for All-Sky Astrophysics (CAASTRO). Rather than the light we see with our eyes, I use radio waves to study hydrogen fuel in galaxies billions of light years away as well as in our home galaxy, the Milky Way.
I consider myself as a modern-day explorer of the universe.

I love visualising data of all kinds, scheduling my work trips around basketball games, and working as a guide at Sydney Observatory with the hope of sharing my enthusiasm for astronomy and science with as many people as possible.

You can find Vanessa on Twitter as @cosmicpudding.
STEMquiz, June 21, 6:30-8. FREE